Lark - Silverlake Cake Shop

A PIECE OF CAKE
"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&Ms and a CHOCOLATE CAKE. I feel better"
Dave Barry, American Writer and Humorist
For me, cake is a serious topic, particularly when I'm about to lift a cake-filled fork up to my mouth to enjoy any kind of cake. I like it all - from chocolate mousse to carrot to white to lemon, to - you name it - including a crab cake. But, that's an entirely, different topic.
Of course, I can't eat cake every day (can I?) - wouldn't be good for me! But, secretly, I want to sneak away, fork in one hand, cake plate in the other - and I just want to eat cake - the whole cake, all by myself. No sharing. Honest. Everyone can relate.
So, why am I writing about cake (I love cake!)? Well, last week, I entered the words, "bakery" and "Silverlake" into the Google search engine and found, LARK - Silverlake Cake Shop. And I just about cried as I went from link to link on their site. There they were - one delicious looking cake after another. AND cupcakes! - and other bakery goods, too, of course. And to think, earlier that day I was reading about how to enter nirvana. So quickly were my thoughts manifested. Dreams do come true. If you have strongly desired something and it appears suddenly, as if always there - then, you understand. Nirvana = cake.
Lark Cake Shop is owned by James and Colleen Standish, who, along with pastry chef Sarah Hirata, architect Ana Henton and graphic artist David Etzen, opened the shop in July of 2007 (why didn't I know, sooner?).
Transforming an upholstery shop on Sunset Boulevard, the owners collected recipes and unique designs to present bakery goods which are "rich, sweet and delicious". They use fresh eggs and other ingredients, including Callebaut chocolate and Madagascar Bourbon vanilla in their recipes.
On top of everything else, the business tries, "... to minimize our environmental footprint by using only compostable cups, clamshell boxes, utensils and straws."
Another choice is always a "good thing" (thanks, Martha). What makes Silverlake so special? I say it has allot to do with cake - oh, and community, too, of course. But, when all is said and done, I'm so delighted we have another place for cake. Yum.

Honk, if you love cake!

Lark Cake Shop
3337 W. Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 
323/667/2968
Lark Cake Shop website



Comments

Popular Posts