Lebovitz for LA

LOS ANGELES: LOVE IT!
Photo: David Lebovitz
I could have written this:
"I’m one of those people who loves Los Angeles. Even rarer, I’m one of those San Franciscans who loves Los Angeles." David Lebovitz
Originally from San Francisco, I came to Los Angeles many years ago. Whenever I spoke to those I left behind, I heard about how Los Angeles topped San Francisco only in the weather department. "Oh, one thing you have is great weather" - as if that was the one, solitary, thing! As I heard that line, over and over, again, I would think of all the wonderful other things I found in LA, repeating them like silent mantras:  the vibrant art scene, the developing and evolving restaurant scene - and a vibrancy and aliveness that our sister city up north seemed to lack - particularly on those cold and foggy SF days. And not only great weather, but, world-class beaches, great sea food and the heart of the entertainment industry. And, also, the best weather on the planet.
David Lebovitz, a food writer living in Paris, writes about LA in a recent blog posting.
Mr. Lebovitz is the author of the following books about food:

Room for Dessert
Ripe for Dessert
The Great Book of Chocolate
The Perfect Scoop
The Sweet Life in Paris
Ready for Dessert

Please visit David Lebovitz to enjoy this and other stories about food and Paris.

Comments

Popular Posts