Garden Close Up

SPRING REVEALS

As spring begins, our garden transforms from shades of brown and bare branches to floral color and bright green leaves. Exhilaration mounts with each day of productive growth.
 
As I began writing, I thought about the past years of drought in California. I remembered how the dryness effected my health and the health of others. I had forgotten, as I wrote about this oncoming spring, that it actually rained in California this winter. And this rain arrived, like a welcomed old friend bearing the gift of deep watering to our garden - to all gardens.
"Climate change knows no borders. It will not stop before the Pacific islands and the whole of the international community has to shoulder a responsibility to bring about a sustainable development." Angela Merkel 
I forgot how thankful I am for this rainwater that came to us like a blessing from the sky - as if one of our Native Elders prayed for its arrival. I forgot, as well, that this rain came out of a not-normal weather pattern caused by dramatic weather changes on our planet.
When I think about those who still deny Climate Change, I remember the past seven years and this drought. I remember all I have read about the potential future weather calamities creeping toward us due to our neglect.
So, while I experience the scents and sights of our lovely garden, I have not forgotten how fragile life is on planet Earth. I look, closely, and breathe in the light floral scents. And I am grateful.
Climate change knows no borders. It will not stop before the Pacific islands and the whole of the international community here has to shoulder a responsibility to bring about a sustainable development. Angela Merkel
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/angelamerk759179.ht















Comments

Popular Posts