TRANSIENT DESIRES

 Donna Leon. Never heard of her, until recently. 

Questing for a new book to read I spotted, via a social media post, Transient Desires, written by Donna Leon. I wrote to a trusted friend, asking for recommendations and mentioned this book. Returning my email correspondence, she wrote, "Funny you should ask for a recommendation, then mentioned this particular book". As it turned out, my friend just received her copy of the book - having read all 29 of the previous mysteries! And, yes, she would certainly recommend this and all the other books! "Read the first and go from there" was her further recommendation.

I ordered number one, Death at La Fenice, and when it arrived I began reading, voraciously. Carried away by scenes of Venice, the waterways, the dampness, decay and a murder mystery with the notable Commissario Guido Brunetti, my attention was captured.

So, I'm recommending Donna Leon to you. 

For more information, please visit Grove Atlantic Publisher, and start your Venetian mystery journeys! Commissario Brunetti awaits you.



Comments

Popular Posts